Shockout Academy BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts Professional Dance
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts Professional Dance is 180 credits and has 1080 guided learning hours. It consists of six mandatory units plus optional units that provide for a combined total of 180 credits (where at least 135 credits must be at level 3 or above).
Students at Shockout Academy BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma Performing Arts Dance will:
- Work with leading dance and musical theatre practitioners in the performing arts industry.
- Gain opportunities to gain paid work through commercial dance and musical theatre jobs.
- Complete a professional timetable of technical and commercial skills from 9am – 5pm.
- Have access to master classes with industry professionals and dance camps, such as our very own CDC, throughout the year.
Shockout Academy Facilities:
All lessons take place at Studio 25 Manchester City Centre, Manchester, M4 1PE, Our Campus is located on Church Street where we have eight industry standard studios, a library, changing room facilities, student area and Wi-Fi.
There may be additional costs associated with this course for equipment such as dance clothing, and optional/residential trips.
Not applicable for this course.
Entry Requirements for Students at Shockout Academy BTEC 3 Extended Diploma Performing Arts Professional Dance:
At least 5 GCSEs grades A*-C, including include English and/or Math’s and/or relevant Level 2 qualifications such as BTEC Diploma / Certificate / Extended Certificate. Applicants without formal academic qualifications that demonstrate experience and/or exceptional potential can also be considered.
In addition you will be required to attend an audition as part of the application process. The quality of the audition is the primary basis on which applicants, with at least the minimum entry requirements, are selected. There is an audition charge of £30 per applicant for 2020 entry to the programme, payable directly to Shockout Arts at the audition. The audition fee is non refundable.
You will be required to pay a £500 enrolment fee for the two years of study which is non refundable 6 weeks after start date.
How to Apply
- Download, fill out and re upload the Online Application, along with a photo of yourself in the section below
- Click the pay audition fee button and pay for your audition
- After your Application is received you will be sent an email and be allocated an audition date and what you need to prepare for the audition day via email
- Confirm your audition date
- Attend your confirmed audition date
- You will receive a letter offering you a conditional or unconditional offer
- You must then confirm or reject your place.
- You will be required to pay a £500 enrolment fee for the two years of study which is non refundable 6 weeks after start date.
To see more on our terms and conditions please see below our Polices and procedures.
Shockout Academy Policies and Procedures 2018-2019